Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment for 2020
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2020 - Indian Coast Guard an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application.
Eligible candidates can apply online from 24th May to 04th June 2019 (05.00 pm)
For more details like age limit, educational qualification, fee, selection process, application fee and how to apply check the page below.
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant 01/2020 Batch
- Name of the Branch
a) General Duty - Male
b) General Duty (SSA) – Female
c) Commercial Pilot License – (SSA) [Male/Female]
d) Technical (Engineering & Electrical) - Male
e) Law [Male/Female]
Important Dates for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2020
- Date of Opening Online Application will be 24th May 2019 from 0001 Hrs.
- Date of Closing Online Application will be 04th June 2019 upto 1700 Hrs.
- Admit Card through URL www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in will be available for print from 14th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2020
- Branch and Eligibility. Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
General Duty & General Duty (SSA)
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e. 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree candidates wherever applicable).
- Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XIIth of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in Mathematics and Physics. (Candidates not in possession of Physics and Maths in 10+2 (intermediate) or equivalent level are not eligible for General Duty (GD) and General Duty (SSA)
Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL) (SSA)
- Candidates holding current /valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued/ validated by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Minimum educational qualification – XIIth pass (Physics and Mathematics) with 60% marks in aggregate.
Technical (Engineering & Electrical)
- Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or Should have passed Sections A and B examination from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks.
- Engineering Branch. Naval architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and Production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace.
- Electrical Branch. Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. Or Power Electronics.
- All the above streams of Engg. Must be recognised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
- Atleast 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class or three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%
- A degree in Law with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university. (Three years degree in law after graduation or Five years after 10+2 examination).
- *Short Service Appointment (SSA) - Short Service Appointment as Assistant Commandant is for a period of 08 years which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.
- *Candidates applying for General Duty Entry Scheme (Male only) will be considered for Pilot Navigator on successful completion of basic training at INA Ezhimala.
- General Duty - Born between 01 Jul 1995 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive)
- General Duty (SSA) - Born between 01 Jul 1995 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive)
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL) (SSA) - Born between 01 Jul 1995 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
- Technical (Engineering & Electrical) Born between 01 Jul 1995 to 30 Jun 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
- Law - Born between 01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ’C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks.
- Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP & DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP & DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- (ab) The CGPA should be corroborated with 60% of the total marks as issued from the University.
- (ac) No amendment/correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of online application forms later on either during PSB or FSB.
- (ad) All eligible candidates will undergo Biometric profiling.
- (ae) Appearing candidates or candidates not cleared final semester exam or awaiting for result are not eligible to apply 01/2020 batch.
- Final Selection. The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB
- All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Assistant Commandant entry.
- (i) Asst Commandant (GD) and Law: 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- (ii) Asst Commandant - Women (GD/Law) Height Minimum 152 cms.
- Weight - Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable
- Chest - Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Eyesight - Asst Commandant (GD) - 6/6 6/9 - Uncorrected without Glass 6/6 6/6 - Corrected with Glass or; (ii) Asst Commandant GD(Pilot)/ 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other CPL holders (SSA) correctable to 6/6
Promotion & Pay Scale
- The promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as per the 7th CPC are as follows:
- Assistant Commandant - Pay Level 10 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.56100/-
- Deputy Commandant - Pay Level 11 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.67700/-
- Commandant (JG) - Pay Level 12 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.78800/-
- Commandant - Pay Level 13 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.118500/-
- Deputy Inspector General - Pay Level 13A & Starting Basic Pay Rs.131100/-
- Inspector General - Pay Level 14 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.144200/-
- Additional Director General - Pay Level 15 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.182200/-
- Director General - Pay Level 16 & Starting Basic Pay Rs.205400/-
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2020 Application Process
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.infor latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information
- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online from 24th May 2019 to 04th June 2019 using link given below. No printout is required to be sent to Indian Coast Guard. However, it is mandatory to bring during section process.
- Due limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut-off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call-up letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets or pen cameras are not permitted during any test, examinations, group discussion and interviews etc