Current Affairs January 2015
1.Anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvette INS Kadmatt was on 7 January 2016 commissioned in the Indian Navy at naval dockyard in Visakhapatnam by Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral R K Dhowan.
2.Who: World Braille Day Where: Across the World What: Observed When: 4 January 2016 Why: To mark the birth anniversary of Louis Braille 4 January: World Braille Day World Braille..
3.Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 5 January 2016 approved the 33 percent posts at constable level to be filled up by women. The step was taken with a view to enhance representation of women in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).According to an official statement, the 33 percent reservation of women constable level posts would be in CRPF and CISF and 14-15 percent posts would be in border guarding forces that is BSF, SSB & ITBP.
4.Arunima Sinha scaled Mount Aconcagua in Argentina on January 4, 2016
5. India and Pakistan on Thursday exchanged the list of their nuclear installations under a bilateral agreement that bars them from attacking each other’s atomic facilities.This is the 24th consecutive exchange of such list between the two countries.
6. The country which on 6 January 2016 conducted its first hydrogen bomb test – North Korea
7. The cricketer who was conferred with Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award is – Syed Kirmani
8.The cricketer who bagged the Polly Umrigar Trophy for Cricketer of the Year in the BCCI awards is – Virat Kohli
9. The world’s largest blue star sapphire that weighs 1404.49 carats was discovered in a mine in – Sri Lanka
10. J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Died on 7 January 2016
11.Operation Green Hunt: All-out offensive against the Maoists (Naxalites)Operation Green Hunt, an all-out offensive by India’s paramilitary forces and the state’s forces against the Naxalites came in news on 8 January 2016.
12. The multi barrel rocket launcher system that was successfully test-fired in December 2015 by India at Pokhran in Rajasthan – Pinaka II
13. The state which became the first in the country to allow issuance of motor insurance policies in digital form by launching e-Vahan Bima Scheme – Telangana
14. India on 3 January 2016 won of the South Asian Football Federation Cup (SAFF) championships by defeating defending champions –Afghanistan
15. Several heavily armed terrorists on 2 January 2016 attacked Pathankot Air Force Station, a part of – the Western Air Command of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
16. Sven Magnus Oen Carlsen (25) s a Norwegian chess grandmaster, No. 1 ranked player in the world and reigning World Chess Champion in classical and rapid.<p>World champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway won the Qatar Masters Chess Open 2015 after nine exciting rounds of chess & and secures the first place with 7 points.